Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2016

I like playing 'go home, stay home, with my siblings!

On Saturday the 13th August 2016, my family and I went to my aunt's birthday party. It took us an hour and 20 minutes to get there. We celebrated her birthday in a hall and it was a cloudy day.


After we arrived inside the hall, we went to go and sit in front of the table. We stood up when the birthday girl arrived. My auntie was turning 21. After she came and sat down on her chair we all sat down on our chairs as well. After that, my uncle said a prayer for my auntie and a food prayer for all of us. We all put our hands together and closed our eyes for the prayers. When the two prayers finished we went to line up in the line for the food. I saw my two best friends and I was so excited. I got myself some food. I got some egg salad, beef and a cup of fanta. The egg salad was delicious and cold and the beef was chewy.


We wanted to have some ice cream, however the line was long so we decided to play a game called go home stay home while we were waiting. I was in first and I counted to ten while my two brothers and sister went to go and hide somewhere. After that, I found my little brother and my sister, but they stuck together and went around the building and tagged on the wall before I was able to tag them.  I had fun and enjoyed playing stay home, go home.



Later on, we went to go and wait for the ice-cream again. I got vanilla, chocolate and a jelly. My little brother just got strawberry and vanilla. When I eat my ice cream, it was cold and the jelly was smooth and wobbly.


Finally we all went home because the party had ended and we all felt tired.

My favourite part of the day was when I played go home stay home because it is fun to play with my siblings.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and follow the structure of a recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write an introduction, follow by the events and then a conclusion of how my families and I celebrated my auntie's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.