Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Do you get nervous and scared when you say a prayer in front of your families?

On Saturday 6th of August 2016, my families and I went to visit my auntie who has just arrived in Auckland. The weather was cloudy and sunny. It took us an hour and 50 seconds to get there because my auntie lived in Mt.Roskill.


Before we arrived there, we went to go and get some food from KFC. We bought some chicken, chips and coca-cola. After we went inside, I went to get the plates and cups because my mum said, "Go and get the plates and cups so that you can make the food for them." When I got the KFC, chicken and chips I placed it in the plates and handed it out one by one to my mum, dad, grandma, aunt and grandpa. Then I got the cups and place the coca cola and gave it to my families one by one.


Then I went upstairs and played on my little nephew's tablet. I played a game called Biking. In the game, you have to pick a player and choose a level. I played the game until 9:00pm. My mum called me and told me that, "You have been playing on the tablet since this morning."


After that, we went to the Happy Days. When we arrived inside the centre, my mum paid us to get a table. While my mum was doing that, I went to get my little nephew out from the car. I was excited because this was my aunt's first time coming to New Zealand. After we got our table, my mum told me to say a prayer. I was nervous and scared because this was my first time praying in front of my mum and my auntie. At the end of my prayer, my uncle stood up and said our food prayer for us.


Later on we went to go and get some food from the food area. I had vegetables like beans, sliced carrots and lettuce. I also had chips and rice. When I ate the beans, sliced carrots and the lettuces it was yellow and chewy. When I ate my chips, it was crunchy and when I ate the rice it was nice and cooked really well.


Finally we dropped off my auntie home and then we went home.

My favourite part of the day was when we picked up my auntie to  celebrate at Happy Days because she has came back from Tonga.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and follow the structure of a recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write an introduction, follow by the events and then a conclusion of how my auntie has come from Tonga and how we went to Happy Days to celebrate her arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.