Pages

Thursday 24 November 2016

Do you love it when you celebrate Father's Day?

On Saturday 4th of September 2016, my families and I went to go celebrate Father's Day at the Valentines restaurant in Manukau. It took us 20 minutes to get there. It was was both sunny and rainy throughout and the day.

First we went to church to celebrate Father's Day and also for my little baby niece to be baptised. I was so excited because my cousin said, "When your niece gets baptised, they can travel around the world".

At the Baptism, my sister and my uncle went with my niece up to Father to be baptised by the holy water. They were all wearing white clothing. My baby niece cried because the holy water went in her eyes. However soon my baby niece stopped crying because my sister held her in her arms.

After we celebrated the baptism, we went to the restaurant.
I sat next to my dad at Valentines and I gave him a hug and a kiss and told him that I love him.

Then we all stood up and prayed for my father, because he wasn’t feeling well. After we prayed, we went to get some food. I got some chips, chicken and some eggs. The eggs were delicious and wobbly, the chicken and the chips were crunchy and crispy.

My mum and her family chatted happily away during dinner. The rest of us were all busy eating because we were all so hungry.

Later on we went to say goodbye to my uncle. After that, we went home because the celebration for Father's Day was over.

My favourite part of the day was when we celebrated Father's Day at church and when my little niece got baptised.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our recounts.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use verbs to describe my weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.